14 replies to this topic

#1 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,544 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 09:26 AM

Might as well put it in here rather than all over the board
Recently watched all of the US version of Shameless and absolutely loved it!

I know the English actress that plays Sheila in the UK version, such a great character lol

Am currently watching "Occupied" which is a Norweigan detective/ thriller
I love the cool colours of Northern interiors/cinematography and their language is weird sounding but intriguing

Also  London Spy which I just started watching, it's very good
About a gay spy and his murder, based partly on a real event a couple of years ago in London
Delivers hot gay sex scene in first episode, I like :)

I occasionally watch Stranger Things but some of the actors annoy me
And the pillaging of classic 80's sci fi and horror is a bit too obvious at times as well

#2 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,544 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:23 AM

Been watching the OA as well
The characters and situation in the present are far more interesting than the captivity narrative IMO
I like the idea but the constant focus on OA and her messianic persona gets a bit dreary at times
It would be better to get more of an idea of the scientists theories behind the practice and more focus on his internal viewpoint

#3 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,544 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:46 AM

http://www.dw.com/en...tion/a-37131579

Just saw this regarding Canada wanting to switch from oil sands production to Green tech

The "occupied" scenario is far more analogous to the Canada/US relationship than to the Norway/ EU/ Russia situation

#4 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,544 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 07:30 AM

Uproar as PM Trudeau calls for end to oil sand production
Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has called for Canada to phase out its oil sand production. It's not a popular message with the province of Alberta, which has benefited from having huge oil reserves.

Trudeau was responding to a question about his decision in late November to authorize an increase in the capacity of two oil pipelines in the country's west, which will increase Canada's export capacity by nearly a million barrels a day.
DW RECOMMENDS

Alberta scrambles to restart oil sands operations after wildfire
Energy production in Canada's oil sands region will resume in the coming days after a massive wildfire halted production, Alberta's premier has said. Authorities are assessing the damage in Fort McMurray. (11.05.2016)
Canada approves controversial expansion of Trans Mountain oil pipeline
Canadian government introduces first national carbon price
"We can't shut down the oil sands tomorrow. We need to phase them out," Trudeau told a town-hall meeting in Peterborough, Ontario, on Friday. "We need to manage the transition off our dependence on fossil fuels."
Canada is the world's sixth-largest oil producer.
Outraged
His comments led to outrage on social media and criticism from Alberta politicians, with provincial premier Rachel Notley saying the oil sands were "not going anywhere any time soon."
The English-speaking province has a history of disagreements with the Francophone east of the country, where the Trudeau family are from. 
Alberta opposition leader Brian Jean said the oil and gas industry provides thousands of well-paid jobs.
"If Trudeau wants to shut it down he'll have to go through me and four million Albertans first," he said.
Jason Kenney, a former federal Conservative minister and leadership candidate for Alberta's provincial Conservative party, said the oil sands represent trillions of dollars of future wealth for Canadian families.
"That's our ability to pay for pensions, health care, and infrastructure and education. It also represents hundreds of thousands of good paying jobs for working, middle-income families," Kenney said.

Ecological concerns
Environmental activists are critical of projects involving oil sands because of their economic and environmental costs. Oil locked in the subsoil of the boreal forest must be extracted by a long, polluting and energy-intensive process.
The oil is profitable only when global prices are high. Two major oil companies, Shell and Statoil, pulled out of the Canadian oil sands late last year.
Trudeau is committed to reducing greenhouse gas emissions to meet the requirements of the UN Paris Agreement on climate change. The prime minister last year announced a national carbon tax effective in 2018.

#5 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,544 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:38 AM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=nfN0pmDXaPk

Wormwood

About the death of Frank Olsen who was spiked with LSD by the CIA and then thrown out a window after he unravelled mentally

I have the book "A Terrible Mistake" which details the whole debacle

I'm looking forward to this

#6 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,544 posts

Posted 27 November 2017 - 11:39 AM

I recently binge watched "The Sinner" which was fantastic

Jessica Biel is great, and I loved the Music

#7 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,544 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:33 AM

I'm watching DARK now, like a gErman version of Stranger Things

I like the cyclical time element to the story
And the moody landscape and interior shots

#8 Demon

Demon

super geek

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:58 AM

netflix just makes shows that pander to the leftist, "inclusive" community

#9 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,544 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 10:11 AM

Yo

View PostDemon, on 17 December 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

netflix just makes shows that pander to the leftist, "inclusive" community

You mean the "creative" community??

Normal TV today is an endless stream of cheap crap reality programming and "safe" shows about property and food
With a few exceptions

Standards have been driven down dramatically

Netflix is filling the gap of demand for interesting challenging, Quality content

#10 Demon

Demon

super geek

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 06:22 PM

no i'm talking about the kind of people who will think a show is good or groundbreaking because it has a "diverse" cast

#11 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,544 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:46 AM

Where did I say that?.
And the shows I was referring to are not in that bracket?

#12 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,544 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:20 PM

Currently Binge Watching Black Mirror
So fucking Jarring!!!

#13 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,544 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:43 PM

Hang The DJ was cute though

#14 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,544 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 01:17 PM

Just watched Nightcrawler

Jake is so fing creepy

It was great

#15 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,544 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 01:18 PM

He looks a lot like Alex Turner, it would be great to edit a Nightcrawler/monkeys video

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users