• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 milodog

milodog

geek

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:30 PM

Hi people, just been to the Mascot records site and the date has been pushed back to  (24/08/2009)!!

The 24th of bloody August what the hell is going on , someone must have some information the album is finished as far as i know , looking like a ballad of jody frosty style of thing going on ,hope not ,not very good news at all.

Hell Fire!!

#2 redhankyspanky

redhankyspanky

geek

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wiyTENcfEw&feature=youtu.be

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:40 PM

NO!

Fuck no!!!!!!!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn it all to hell. Fuck.

#3 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Persona Non Grata

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:01 PM

QUOTE(I am the god of hellfire. @ Jan 29 2009, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looking like a ballad of jody frosty style of thing going on

I doubt this could be further from a Ballad of Jody Frosty situation. In that instance the label came clean and admitted they weren't behind the record, and Chris chose to let it go rather than see it get some kind of half-assed release. This time around, my understanding is that both the artist and the label feel they have something special on their hands, and want to do this right. If that means you have to wait a little longer so they can (I'm guessing here...) set up a killer one-two punch of album-release-great-press-tour-announcement, and benefit from that, then yer just gonna have to wait.

That said, August does suddenly seem a l-o-n-g way off...
"I know drug-real from real-real"

#4 milodog

milodog

geek

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE(Travis Bickle @ Jan 29 2009, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(I am the god of hellfire. @ Jan 29 2009, 06:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looking like a ballad of jody frosty style of thing going on

I doubt this could be further from a Ballad of Jody Frosty situation. In that instance the label came clean and admitted they weren't behind the record, and Chris chose to let it go rather than see it get some kind of half-assed release. This time around, my understanding is that both the artist and the label feel they have something special on their hands, and want to do this right. If that means you have to wait a little longer so they can (I'm guessing here...) set up a killer one-two punch of album-release-great-press-tour-announcement, and benefit from that, then yer just gonna have to wait.

That said, August does suddenly seem a l-o-n-g way off...

Excellent news,  at last some real info on the situation, most be frustrating for chris as i suppose all he wants to do is get his work out there,  let us buy it and then he can promote and tour it but then as i know myself nothing in the music business pans out like you hope it will things get said ,and then said a lot more and before you know it your a year down the line with nothing to show, but then they dont call it the music business!! , for nothing.

Thanks for that Travis and yes you are right ,August does suddenly seem a l-o-n-g way off...

Hell Fire!!

#5 Zombi3

Zombi3

burn the witch

• Members
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:03 PM

August? Fuck me.

Posted Image

#6 shmoedaddy

shmoedaddy

i'm the mule!gimme what i want

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 01:42 AM

Dammit, I'm really looking forward to this album.  But i guess i'll have to wait longer.  Luckily some other good music is coming out this year.  So hopefully that will tide me over until then.

#7 andymacsa4

andymacsa4

Clown Steaks Taste Funny

• Members
  • 1,883 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 07:59 AM

I just want to see MoR live...

Chris should start touring right now to drum up excitement for this release.

And he should make a stop somewhere in VA or NC...

#8 innman

innman

Avon

• Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 03 February 2009 - 10:33 AM

released 2 days before my birthday... goin to be a good birthday if that true!!!

#9 ~Platypus49~

~Platypus49~

burn the witch

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 04:53 PM

Chris knows what he's doing. If he wants us to wait, then brace yourselves for August...this is gonna be one hell of a record!

#10 Sickfuc

Sickfuc

super geek

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:14 PM

Fancy taking bets on what date they move it to next? tongue.gif

Getting ridiculous.

#11 SoapForTheDead

SoapForTheDead

I've seen bad things in bad places

• Members
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:16 PM

QUOTE(~Platypus49~ @ Feb 5 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chris knows what he's doing. If he wants us to wait, then brace yourselves for August...this is gonna be one hell of a record!

+1

And when the next wave is the last wave
I'll drag him downwards to the engine room
And never let go

#12 Smockboy25

Smockboy25

Green no more

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE(SoapForTheDead @ Feb 6 2009, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

+1

Yeah, sure it'll be well worth the wait! Just annoying how it keeps getting put back by 3 or so months each time!

#13 imhotep

imhotep

burn the witch

• Members
  • 9,572 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 08:28 PM

I think it's pretty annoying what he's doing. He could at least write a few words to let us know why it's so fucking late.

#14 ~Platypus49~

~Platypus49~

burn the witch

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:13 PM

I don't think he owes us anything. Bear in mind he's been a busy man of late. Dig out yer Nickelback records and fill the gap from now until then.

#15 Sickfuc

Sickfuc

super geek

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 07:22 PM

Maybe he should explain. By the time its released it'll be well over a year since it was originally announced. Thats pretty shocking.

I don't mind waiting for an album, but all these constant changes of the date is pure shit. I'd rather he said "look...i'm doing a new album, its gonna take a year. It be out when its out"

#16 milodog

milodog

geek

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE(Sickfuc @ Feb 7 2009, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe he should explain. By the time its released it'll be well over a year since it was originally announced. Thats pretty shocking.

I don't mind waiting for an album, but all these constant changes of the date is pure shit. I'd rather he said "look...i'm doing a new album, its gonna take a year. It be out when its out"

Found this on alternative nation, sounds promising.

Met up with Chris Goss last night. He's confirmed that after the problems that made them cancel their tour last year, the new MoR album will be released late spring/early summer, and they are provisionally booking a UK/Euro tour for Autumn.

Cant WAIT!

The wait is on again but worth it and if mascot mess up again all i can say to Chris is blow it out and go to another label but please get this new work out its killing us!

Hell Fire!!

#17 imhotep

imhotep

burn the witch

• Members
  • 9,572 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE(~Platypus49~ @ Feb 7 2009, 08:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think he owes us anything. Bear in mind he's been a busy man of late. Dig out yer Nickelback records and fill the gap from now until then.

How hard can it be to send us a message saying a few words?

#18 horni the mor maniac

horni the mor maniac

i'm the mule!gimme what i want

• Members
  • 383 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:54 PM

The Mothersite of the Masters is still alive, Mr. Russo announce the same Releasedate as Mascot

see...

http://www.mastersofreality.com/

Thomas

#19 Swingset

Swingset

super geek

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE(andymacsa4 @ Feb 1 2009, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just want to see MoR live...

Chris should start touring right now to drum up excitement for this release.

And he should make a stop somewhere in VA or NC...

agreed!!! either the Orange Peel or the Norva....i'm down....
nice to see the south "representing"

#20 dark jon

dark jon

shrunken head

• Members
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 08:57 PM

QUOTE(I am the god of hellfire. @ Feb 8 2009, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(Sickfuc @ Feb 7 2009, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Found this on alternative nation, sounds promising.

Met up with Chris Goss last night. He's confirmed that after the problems that made them cancel their tour last year, the new MoR album will be released late spring/early summer, and they are provisionally booking a UK/Euro tour for Autumn.

Cant WAIT!

The wait is on again but worth it and if mascot mess up again all i can say to Chris is blow it out and go to another label but please get this new work out its killing us!

Hell Fire!!

Possible Euro/UK tour in Autumn. That is very good news for me! I should have money then!

#21 redhankyspanky

redhankyspanky

geek

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • Interests:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wiyTENcfEw&feature=youtu.be

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:55 PM

This like going cold turkey, knowing you cant fix for the whole summer...............

must......hear......soon........... wacko.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users