• Please log in to reply
4716 replies to this topic

#1 Cool Hand

Cool Hand

burn the witch

• Members
  • 19,337 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 03:54 PM

The last movie I saw was "Thelma and Louise", which I hadn't seen since it came out video. I had forgotten how sexy Geena Davis was when she was younger and that Michael Madsen was even in the movie.

I give it 4 out of 5 stars.

#2 Niandra Lades

Niandra Lades

burn the witch

• Members
  • 8,268 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 04:15 PM

yeah Thelma and Louise is a classic
also you can see the first important part of Brad Pitt there hahaha

the last movie I saw I think was Portrait of a Lady I loved that movie when it came out years ago but I had not seen it for years, well I had to stop it cause I was bored but I guess it wasnt the best day to see it

I rate it: 3 of 5 stars

the performances are really good
and Nicole kidman was really nice there
it was when she wasnt so plastic barbie as she is now
even she's a good actrees I think
you can see Viggo mortensen in this movie a little part he have there
rawwwrrr

#3 donnie

donnie

cockney bitch

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 06:31 PM

Terence Malick's 'the thin red line', a bit pretentious maybe, but still a great film definate top marks.

#4 Cool Hand

Cool Hand

burn the witch

• Members
  • 19,337 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 06:58 PM

I love that movie.

"The only time you worry about a soldier is when he stops bitchin'."

#5 Sir Richard Nixon

Sir Richard Nixon

i'm the mule!gimme what i want

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:42 PM

I just saw Gummo for the second time.  Liked it a lot more this time.  I'm not sure exactly what I didn't like about it the first time.  Maybe it was the cat killing?  It's great though and I think I'll rewatch it many more times in the future.

#6 donnie

donnie

cockney bitch

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE(Cool Hand @ Apr 18 2006, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love that movie.

"The only time you worry about a soldier is when he stops bitchin'."

This great evil.

Where's it come from?

How'd it steal into the world?

What seed, what root did it grow from?

Who's doing this?

Who's killing us?

Robbing us of life and light.

Mocking us with the sight
of what we might have known.

Does our ruin benefit the Earth?

Does it help the grass to grow
or the sun to shine?

ls this darkness in you, too?

Have you passed through this night?

I'm gonna sink my teeth into your Iiver.

You're dying.

See them birds up there?

You know they eat you raw?

Where you're going,
you're not coming back from.

What are you to me?

Nothing.

#7 I_Generate_Mondoes

I_Generate_Mondoes

Green no more

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 18 April 2006 - 10:52 PM

I just finished watching The Naked Gun for the nth time. I rate it 9/10. It's comedy perfection with a bad soundtrack. Great silly humour.

#8 Guest_gODfall_*

Guest_gODfall_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2006 - 12:51 AM

I don't watch many movies.. But last week i finally got the chance to see City of god.. That movie was pretty awesome. i'd say a 9 outta 10 fer that flick. It woulda had gotten a 10 on ten if they woulda been co0l and just dubbed the damn movie in english.. Other than that very fascinating lil story the kid had to tell.

#9 voodoo-chile

voodoo-chile

geek

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE(gODfall @ Apr 19 2006, 01:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't watch many movies.. But last week i finally got the chance to see City of god.. That movie was pretty awesome. i'd say a 9 outta 10 fer that flick. It woulda had gotten a 10 on ten if they woulda been co0l and just dubbed the damn movie in english.. Other than that very fascinating lil story the kid had to tell.

Dude, dubbed movies suck serious ass. I'd go subtitles everytime. I agree though, City of God is top.

#10 L.

L.

burn the witch

• Members
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:25 PM

The last 2 movies I’ve seen were Walk the Line and Crash.

Walk the line is overrated just like Reese Witherspoon’s performance
Crash is great, I didn’t thought I’d like it, that it was just another “stars movie” but I was wrong, it’s pretty impressive

I still haven’t seen City of god, but I have too sounds like a good movie just like Carandiru.

#11 kojboj

kojboj

the mule want it.....sunday.....

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 07:42 PM

Capote, must say it's quite good a movie, 8-

#12 Sir Richard Nixon

Sir Richard Nixon

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 08:27 PM

Saw Scary Movie 4 last night.  Got dragged into it during a friend's birthday celebration.  Terrible movie.  The comments we were making during the movie were much funnier than the film itself.  

I think Scary Movie 5 could be good if it actually IS scary and not a horror-spoof.  Imagine the reactions of everyone when they go in expecting a comedy and get freaked out by it.

#13 dmac8070

dmac8070

geek

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 06:24 PM

last film i saw was called azumi.real cool samuri movie directed by ryuhei kitamura.basically its about a group of orphans who are trained to kill corrupt officials in japan real nice swordplay. beautifully filmed using all the rich colours of various landscapes. would recomend checking it out a+.

#14 TheAceRock.

TheAceRock.

stupendous

• Members
  • 15,872 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 02:43 AM

saw 'The Sentinel' tonight. it's pretty good if you're into the thriller/suspense genre. i'm a huge kiefer sutherland fan, so needless to say, i enjoyed the movie a lot.

i'd give it 3.5 stars out of 5.

#15 truth freak

truth freak

Sexual Dynamo

• Members
  • 7,847 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 07:53 AM

the hills have eyes

i give it a 3.5 i guess, it was pretty good.

#16 Aine

Aine

Happy robot

• Members
  • 538 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 07:40 PM

the squid and the whale.

i'd say 4.7 out of 5

a pretty accurate rating

#17 KingShamus

KingShamus

burn the witch

• Members
  • 11,151 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 11:36 PM

"Thank You For Smoking"

Great satirical film.

#18 Guest_madresa_*

Guest_madresa_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2006 - 12:09 AM

Paradise Now:

I give it a 5 out of 5

#19 Sir Richard Nixon

Sir Richard Nixon

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE(madresa @ Apr 23 2006, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Paradise Now:

I give it a 5 out of 5

oooooooh.  

Paris, Texas.

Liked it a lot.  The ending with the scene in the "hotel room" in particular was fantastic.

#20 du_husker

du_husker

geek

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 08:51 AM

I just saw Missing in Action starring Chuck Norris and as a politically unsound 80's movies go it was a corker (I'm not kidding). So funny. Chuck is a one man army invading Vietnam to rescue prisoners of war. Hundreds of Vietcong firing at Chuck, he just mows them all down holding a machine gun in one hand! Brilliant.

#21 donnie

donnie

cockney bitch

• Members
  • 787 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE(du_husker @ Apr 24 2006, 09:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just saw Missing in Action starring Chuck Norris and as a politically unsound 80's movies go it was a corker (I'm not kidding). So funny. Chuck is a one man army invading Vietnam to rescue prisoners of war. Hundreds of Vietcong firing at Chuck, he just mows them all down holding a machine gun in one hand! Brilliant.

Sounds exactly like rambo 2, or 3.

#22 RegularDishwasher

RegularDishwasher

Brainwashed Baby

• Members
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 24 April 2006 - 09:46 PM

Last one I saw was Kiss Kiss Bang Bang
Awesome idea of making the lead person the director of the movie and discuss his own scenes with the audiance.

I rate it a 8.5 seriously cool movie

#23 mary doll

mary doll

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 04:15 PM

I've just watched The Omega Man.  Freaked me out as a kid, stills freaks me out as an adult.

#24 Don and the Goodtimes

Don and the Goodtimes

Board-god!

• Members
  • 6,958 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 07:02 PM

Bloodsport...

1. Jean Claude Van damme aka. Mr. Dux fights some men, and wins the final..

2. Mr Dux, speaks english worse than the Covernator of California

3. Everything but the fighting scenes suck

3 / 10

#25 Cool Hand

Cool Hand

burn the witch

• Members
  • 19,337 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 07:27 PM

Bloodsport! lol

Last flick I saw was "Almost Famous". I didn't like it as much as when I originally saw it. It seemed contrived this time.

2.5 out of 5 stars.

#26 mary doll

mary doll

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 06:47 PM

The other movie i watched over the weekend was The Goonies.  What a truely fantstic film. Hadn't watched it in years and laughed my self silly.  5star rating!!!!!! biggrin.gif

#27 sampler

sampler

Rated R

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:57 PM

Walk the line is overrated just like Reese Witherspoon’s performance
Crash is great, I didn’t thought I’d like it, that it was just another “stars movie” but I was wrong, it’s pretty impressive

I still haven’t seen City of god, but I have too sounds like a good movie just like Carandiru.
i've yet to see walk the line, but i'd like to, just cos of who's it's about. i can put up with a bit of crap if the story's good.

crash is a film i wasn't planning on rushing to see, but it's praise seems to be outlasting it's hype. i may yet get round to it.

you've got to see city of god. i really liked carandiru, too, a great prison film. try amores perros for another really good south american film.

last film i saw was called azumi.real cool samuri movie directed by ryuhei kitamura.basically its about a group of orphans who are trained to kill corrupt officials in japan real nice swordplay. beautifully filmed using all the rich colours of various landscapes. would recomend checking it out a+.

i'm going to check this out after reading a few reviews on it, so thanks, i like a good samurai film. it's sequel seems to have taken a slating though.

two films i've seen recently are:

Down by law - a prison film with tom waits in. it's a cool film; a great, unrushed story. 6 out of 7

La haine - about a few youths from a rough part of paris. the stories within the story are what i liked about it. 5 out of 7

#28 the_purple_flow

the_purple_flow

GGG

• Members
  • 1,740 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 01:55 PM

x-men 2

I give it 4/5, one of the few movies where the sequal is better than the the first one.

#29 voodoo-chile

voodoo-chile

geek

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 11:00 AM

Just watched a french film called 13 (Tzameti) last night. I had the mother of all hang-overs yesterday so I was feeling a little fragile - this film tore my nerves to absolute shreds. Its all shot in really moody black and white and is tense as hell. My only gripe would be the ending was a little predictable, but a highly recommended 4/5 none the less. Here's the synopsis:

"Intensely engaging and uniquely insightful 13 (Tzameti) is a thrillingly surreal journey that begins with the descent of a young man, Sebastien (Georges Babluani), into a sinister criminal underworld in which men gamble on each others lives in a shockingly brutal new sport..."

You can go here and watch the trailer but it's probably best if you know absolutely nothing about the film before you see it:

http://www.13themovie.com/

#30 BettiePetty

BettiePetty

burn the witch

• Members
  • 2,477 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 08:30 AM

I just saw three movies with my friends two I had seen before that I pretty much love.

I saw Re-animator a few hours ago and it maybe a bit cheesey but it's pretty damn sick so that's a 8 1/2 out of 10.

Before that I saw Heavy Metal which wasn't bad, I'd give it about a 7 out of 10.

The movie I saw the other day with them is one of my favorite movies Run Ronnie Run, I give it a 20 out 10 (hehe). If only for the Three Times One Minus One Song and the lyric 'like a pirate in the night/ I challange your pussy to a fight.' Priceless stuff from David Cross and Bob Odenkirk. biggrin.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users