37 replies to this topic

#31 Demon

Demon

super geek

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 01:37 PM

View Posthommefile, on 31 March 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

No need to rank the traumas, none of them have any authority on the matter, or more authority than the other; which is my point. They're just known faces who are given a platform to speak and who people want to listen to. Jesse needs to take a dose of humility and listen to these kids now as it is their turn to speak. He also needs to realize that he was not the only person at Bataclan, that probably >90% of the people who were there are/were against guns, (pretty much 100% of European non-criminals are), and that he's not really their spokesperson and needs to stfu. at least until he's learned how to share an opinion in an eloquent and respectful way, without having to wave the Bataclan flag every three seconds

Although this isn't even a matter of opinion, it's statistically proven that guns are bad for the population, and that the complete lack of control of them is complete bonkers. The US is full of ignorant people so we understand why things are the way they are, but don't come here calling it culture. "gun culture", that's like claiming that female genital mutilation in Nigeria is "culture"

this is the problem i'm afraid, the idea these kids deserve an unopposed run at pushing an agenda just because there school was shot up. 'victims' rarely offer a balanced opinion, which is understandable. humans are shaped by experience.

Europe's relationship with guns is entirely different from America. In covered wagon times, in an infant country, in a lawless frontier, the gun was a protector from invaders, wild animals. Europe was already a well established continent long before practical firearms existed. You can see why guns would have had a greater role in American history than Europe's, and therefore a greater significance traditionally.

guns bad for the population? so are sugary drinks, fatty foods, alcohol, cigarettes and automobiles. all of these things kill more people in USA a year than guns.

over half of firearm related deaths in USA are suicides, which again reiterates the mental health issues that must be addresed. Mass shooting fatalities take up a tiny fraction of overall firearm related deaths. The overwhelming majority of those who own firearms are responsible, reasonable owners.

I don't think comparing gun culture to FGM 'culture' is relevant. FGM is a cruel practice in and of itself. Guns are a hobby that can be misused. A more reasonable comparison would be car culture, as a car is something innocuous on it's own that has potential lethality.

#32 Demon

Demon

super geek

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 01 April 2018 - 01:38 PM

View Postfifiroxy, on 01 April 2018 - 07:00 AM, said:

He apologised

Jesse not Sally

I wonder if Sal has ever apologised in his entire life???

what do I have to apologise for?

#33 hommefile

hommefile

Oppa gangnam style

• Members
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:15 PM

I wouldn't really call it an agenda, it's something that a lot of Americans have been asking for for many years, and it's not to "remove all guns", which is the lie that these NRA locos are perpetuating. I think it's pretty reasonable for example not to let a person who is psychologically disturbed be in the possession of a weapon that can kill a lot of people in a short period of time

Not sure about your comment about Europe, given our fairly recent world wars. But take a look at Israel for example, the one country in the world in which an armed population would be most reasonable, given the constant threats and plausible invasion from surrounding countries: the gun laws are so incredibly strict and exhausting that most people don't even bother getting one

Sugary drinks, fatty foods, alcohol, cigarettes... kill the person who abuses them. Your choice. I would personally ban cigarettes entirely for they are also detrimental to the people in the vicinity (judging all the parents who smoke around their children rn)

Guns and cars are not a good comparison at all, the main purpose of cars is transport/travel, the main/sole purpose of guns is damage. Would you make grenades legal as well? what is the difference?

Not entirely sure why you're defending guns with such passion given that you're European, other than the fact that you enjoy being an antagonist. I would personally immediately gtfo of the country I'm living in if guns were made legal the way they are legal in the US
Posted Image

#34 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,544 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:22 PM

View PostDemon, on 01 April 2018 - 01:38 PM, said:

He apologised

Jesse not Sally

I wonder if Sal has ever apologised in his entire life???

what do I have to apologise for?

This is the bit where Hommefile has to post THE most appropriate gif

:)

#35 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,544 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:24 PM

I still didn't watch Jesses apology
I just can't cope with cringey videos

#36 hommefile

hommefile

Oppa gangnam style

• Members
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:25 PM

He apologised

I watched it, it was kind of cute. I don't think he's a bad person, just needs a reality check/bitchslap every now and then. I'm sure his opinions are the same, but I enjoy a diversity of opinions, just as long as they're presented in an intelligent and eloquent manner. No hard feelings Jesse! Although your music will never sound the same to me ever again :ph34r:
Posted Image

#37 hommefile

hommefile

Oppa gangnam style

• Members
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:26 PM

I need to step up my game, haven't posted a gif in a very long time
Posted Image

#38 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,544 posts

Posted 03 April 2018 - 11:30 PM

View Posthommefile, on 03 April 2018 - 11:25 PM, said:

He apologised

I watched it, it was kind of cute. I don't think he's a bad person, just needs a reality check/bitchslap every now and then. I'm sure his opinions are the same, but I enjoy a diversity of opinions, just as long as they're presented in an intelligent and eloquent manner. No hard feelings Jesse! Although your music will never sound the same to me ever again :ph34r:

Aww that's sweet

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users