• 3,255 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:24 PM

http://www.mastersofreality.com
http://www.facebook.com/mastersofreality
http://www.myspace.com/mastersofrealityofficial

MASTERS OF REALITY  "Pine/Cross Dover"  
October 12, 2010  
What Now?

Our ultimate goal is the shared experience, vibrational communion with the listener. That's you, and in fact, us too. As we make our music for own joy, and sense that there are others out there that will find quarter in our peculiar religion.  
In the past 20 years, this entity known as Masters of Reality has meandered a strange path.  We know well, the frustration suffered by our loving supporters. In the midst of these two long, frankly weird decades, we intermittently poked our heads out of the rabbit hole and looked around.

We must admit, lots of the time, we liked the rabbit hole. You've all seen variations of Lewis Carroll's "Alice" work, or at least know the myth(?)..."Weird Scenes Inside the Gold Mine", if you will. Without the hole there would be no Masters of Reality.  A proper one anyway.

Fate is strange. We've decided to come out of the rabbit hole. It feels right now; at the time when there is little if any good rock radio, gloomy forecasts from every angle, an over saturated tsunami of internet musical 'content', frantic airports, you name it...etc etc etc   And therein lie's OUR rub;  Exactly the reason. Because it sounds wrong. Because we're from the hole.

'Where down is up and up is down  
So endless shall our eyes abound'

In addition to January thru early February's UK/European tour with our legendary friends The Cult, tomorrow we will announce 8 western U.S. "An Evening with Masters of Reality" shows. They start in exactly one month's time.
So, east coast/mid-west, here are your choices; buy a cheap west bound plane ticket now, or get your westly friends to film and post the shows, or catch up on nearly 20 years of our music and know that we'll see you sometime after Europe.

AN EVENING WITH MASTERS OF REALITY

US Headlining Tour Dates
11/10/2010 - House Of Blues - Anaheim, CA
11/11/2010 - 4th & B Street - San Diego, CA
11/12/2010 - House Of Blues - Los Angeles, CA**
11/16/2010 - El Corazon - Seattle, WA
11/17/2010 - Lola's - Portland, OR
11/20/2010 - Pappy & Harriets, Pioneertown, CA

With Very Special Guests- The Legendary Duo - Sean Wheeler and Zander Schloss!!

**w/ Mondo Generator!!

********************************************************************************
http://www.antiquiet.com/interviews/2010/1...goss-interview/

********************************************************************************

#2 TheAceRock.

TheAceRock.

stupendous

• Members
  • 15,872 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 05:57 AM

details!

a north american tour perhaps?

#3 tangyzizzle

tangyzizzle

Green no more

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE(TheAceRock. @ Oct 11 2010, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
details!

a north american tour perhaps?

If you happen to be in the LA area -- the LA tour date is up on Ticketmaster/Live Nation.  Its Nov. 14th at the House of Blues on Sunset.  If you have a Citibank credit card tix are available now thru their presale, which I just got my tix thru.  There is also a LIve Nation presale but I don't have the password and had no luck finding it.  Otherwise tix go on sale 10/14.

#4 DevonDion

DevonDion

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:34 AM

House of Blues L.A.  Masters confirmed for NOV12. Not the 14th. Check it out:

http://www.houseofblues.com/tickets/eventd...p?eventid=66231

#5 ~Platypus49~

~Platypus49~

burn the witch

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:49 PM

Check da top.

#6 Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle

Persona Non Grata

• Members
  • 1,625 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 07:48 PM

It's on! By the way, West Coast people, these really are planned as "an evening with..." shows. Proper acoustic set during the gig and some cool setlist surprises should be in store. You'd have to be off your rocker to miss this if it's taking place in your backyard.

Who's in the band? I got a secret, I cannot say...
"I know drug-real from real-real"

#7 ~Platypus49~

~Platypus49~

burn the witch

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 10:43 PM

"John Leamy and I are very pleased to begin touring next month with the one and only DAVID CATCHING on guitar, the Berliner ivorymeister MATHIAS SCHNEEBERGER on keys, and the abso-supernatural ABBY TRAVIS on bass. Now go buy your f*cking tickets, because THIS is the heavy shit." - Chris Goss

#8 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 14,698 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE(Hello=Fire @ Oct 14 2010, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"John Leamy and I are very pleased to begin touring next month with the one and only DAVID CATCHING on guitar, the Berliner ivorymeister MATHIAS SCHNEEBERGER on keys, and the abso-supernatural ABBY TRAVIS on bass. Now go buy your f*cking tickets, because THIS is the heavy shit." - Chris Goss

Yessir
wink.gif

#9 red157

red157

Bringing it back gentle

• Members
  • 2,039 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE(Hello=Fire @ Oct 14 2010, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Holy sheeit.

That better be the line-up they touch down in europe with.

#10 indjonz

indjonz

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 04:43 AM

Screw it, I'm in for the 12th. Last show I saw was 1989 at the Cubby Bear in Chicago when they opened for King's X. Legend has it that the band broke up immediately after that show. Hopefully I'm not the jinx.

Round trip ticket from Milwaukee to LA - $204
Rental Car - $35
Show Ticket - $28.50

Totally worth $300 to see them for the first time in 21 years.. Hope it's a hell of a show!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users