• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mother Superior

Mother Superior

600,000 MILE TRIP

• Members
  • 14,336 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 10:12 AM

This a copy of a msg I have put on FB, trying to locate as many people as possible who were at this gig, who may have no idea of the support that is available to us, and what we`re trying to do help each other.....we are finding more and more victims every week who have been poorly neglected or overlooked completely and are struggling.
Please if you were there, and are in need of medical, legal, financial or emotional help, please pm me and I`ll try and point you in the right direction.

"I know we keep referring back to "that night" .....we must sound like tired old records, many of us have been told we should`ve "got over that by now" ....but believe me, it`s all consuming.... with us constantly, and is unlikely to ever be far from our minds.
We`ve got to accept that.
We`ll never be able to really move on.

But it could`ve been any one of you at that gig that night, which was just like any other gig til that awful moment.
And hopefully you`ll all understand our need to still talk about it and ask you to share things like this, for us, past victims, and all inevitable future victims.
We have been finding more and more Brits, Irish, numerous other nationalities and even French people that were there with us who have had no physical, emotional, medical, or legal support or guidance for what they went thru.

The bureaucacy fog is immense when you look at it from the confusional state we`ve all been in, as "every day people",
until you find someone that can start showing you the path you need to take.
(I`m just a housewife from suburban Southampton for fuck sake)

Ideally we`d like to initiate an accessible support network along these lines. with your help.
SO WE NEED THIS SHARED AND COPIED AND SENT TO CAMERON/MPS/ ETC, BY AS MANY PEOPLE AS WE CAN GET.

Thankyou, sincerely,
Peace Love Death Metal."

#2 Mother Superior

Mother Superior

600,000 MILE TRIP

• Members
  • 14,336 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 10:52 AM

Thanks Dan.

#3 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 14,929 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 05:52 PM

I tried reading this earlier but couldn't cos it was grey?
But that's sad to hear that people are not being looked after :(
I suppose not everyone has the NHS but even then I'm sure more can be done
I'm shocked that anyone would expect you to get over it? That's really unrealistic. And Unsympathetic.
I have friends that cry regularly over loved ones that died years ago, there is no timescale to grief.
I'm not sure what I can do, but my friends husband works for the govt and I'm seeing them on Thur so I can ask him what would be a good approach in terms of lobbying for funds or added coordination in treating victims internationally
So suprised that that hasn't happened already TBH??

Don't apologise for how you feel and express whatever you need to
I don't think most people would judge you at all, it hasnt even been a year yet ffs!

#4 Mother Superior

Mother Superior

600,000 MILE TRIP

• Members
  • 14,336 posts

Posted 26 April 2016 - 06:14 PM

Yeah I don`t know what happened there I had to call on Dan to fix it for me.
Apparently moves were made to set up the kind of thing we`re looking for after 7/7, but never came to fruitition.
We have been fortunate that Funks` sister was quite high up in Forensics, and has helped us immensely thru all of this.
But we know there were around 50 Brits in the venue that night, and we are only in contact with less than 20 of them, so we have no idea how the others are faring, and would dearly love to help them if we can.
Only yesterday, because of this fb share, we have been contacted by a survivor from the beach massacre in Tunisia, and they are having the same difficulties as us; she is pointing us towards some of her findings.
But it shouldnt be up to us to have to search and assist like this.

There is an Irish couple who have recently come to our attention who have been having a dreadful time. He was shot and nearly bled to death in the venue,and has needed 4 operations so far to save his foot. There is no NHS in Eire, so it has cost them a fortune. He was also sacked from his job when he got back because he was no longer able to do the work. They`ve even had to buy an automatic car because thats all he can drive now.
We have at least pointed them in the direction of some interim financial help, and hopefully a bit of light at the end of their tunnel.

#5 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 14,929 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 07:10 PM

Uh that sounds completely illegal for that Irish guy to be fired for being injured?
He really needs legal advice about that because he should be entitled to sick pay for quite a while as far as I know according to EU regulations
Just bizzare that there is no govt coordination over these events, they are happy to trot terrorism out every five minutes as leverage for policy ( currently to slander a candidate for Mayor of London ) but not actually deal with coordinating supporting victims
Priorities are so fucked
I hope that you get the ball rolling with this Maria, it seems like its way overdue to have a better support network organised and you are just the person for the job IMO

#6 Sal Paradise

Sal Paradise

Board Cancer

• Members
  • 6,144 posts

Posted 27 April 2016 - 09:43 PM

never mind

#7 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 14,929 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 05:12 PM

I spoke to my friends husband, I just asked him to think about if there was anyone appropriate to contact and if he could pass on their contact details when he does

#8 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 14,929 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:46 PM

I still haven't heard anything back yet, but how could anyone contact you Maria?
Do you have a designated email or something as people can't really join here easily

#9 Mother Superior

Mother Superior

600,000 MILE TRIP

• Members
  • 14,336 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 08:07 PM

Fifi, thankyou for what you`ve been trying to do.
It doesnt look like theres anyone around these parts that were there, but if anyone does surface they can pm me here.
Its been a rough 7 months, and we`re now "Partie Civile" to the trial of Salah Abdesalam, so it aint gonna be over for us anytime soon.
But at least we have that option, unlike the 89 that died in there.
We have to do it for them.

#10 vittu

vittu

loose in the internetz

• Members
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 03:04 AM

I hope everyone gets their money's worth.

Lets milk this shit as long as it is possible.
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users