• Please log in to reply
1312 replies to this topic

#1 brixton bruxelles

brixton bruxelles

Barry Shitpeas

• Members
  • 17,600 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:43 PM

how much should i pay for foils, toner to cover the bleach and a cut and finish?

medium length black hair, 3-4 hours in the hairdressers.

i'm trying to get my hair from black to dark brown again.

#2 Sgt.SidSaavill

Sgt.SidSaavill

in Soviet Russia, Soviet Russia in.

• Members
  • 5,212 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 07:25 PM

hmm sounds like thats going to be

expeeennnvice

my last hair cut was 13 bucks, .. canadian

#3 Vilde

Vilde

fingerbøll

• Members
  • 4,889 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 08:19 PM

I soo wanna color my hair dark brown..
my friend's a hairdresser, so she'll do it for free wink.gif

#4 brixton bruxelles

brixton bruxelles

Barry Shitpeas

• Members
  • 17,600 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:31 AM

i have friends who are hairdressers, but:

a) they have such shit hair themselves, i wonder if allowing them to do my hair would be a good idea.
cool.gif if they fucked my hair up, i wouldn't let them do it again and that would make things awkward.

#5 brixton bruxelles

brixton bruxelles

Barry Shitpeas

• Members
  • 17,600 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE(Sgt.SidSaavill @ Aug 4 2007, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm sounds like thats going to be

expeeennnvice

my last hair cut was 13 bucks, .. canadian

ah, yet another reason to move to canada wink.gif

everything here is expensive. i'm looking at between 70 and 100 quid.

#6 lou Blue

lou Blue

super geek

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 08:52 AM

I just did exactly the same, gone from jet black to a choc brown with light bits, took me two sessions to get it right so far its cost £100, and my hair dresser is fairly cheap compared to the normal Edinburgh rate. Worth it tho.

#7 brixton bruxelles

brixton bruxelles

Barry Shitpeas

• Members
  • 17,600 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE(lou blue @ Aug 5 2007, 09:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just did exactly the same, gone from jet black to a choc brown with light bits, took me two sessions to get it right so far its cost £100, and my hair dresser is fairly cheap compared to the normal Edinburgh rate. Worth it tho.

ah, cheers. now i know i'm not getting ripped off, then! are you happy with the results?

i've phoned around a couple and they all seem to charge the same.
i got a strand test and a skin patch test done at one of the hairdressers down the road from me. they're quoting me 95 quid.
and they give you lunch and free tea, coffee or beer if you want it, heheh.

the other hairdressers that quoted me 70 quid said they'd do my whole head instead of foils, but i'm a bit worried about how that would turn out. it looked a bit uneven on the strand test they did. and the salon was hot, dark and cheapy looking.
it was a bit 'traditional', if you know what i mean, old ladies going in for a setting, boys getting short-back-and-sides, etc. they played local radio and had no good magazines.

the expensive one seemed to know more what they were doing, took more time to chat to me and was light, airy and cool. if i'm gonna be stuck there for 3 or 4 hours, i want to be comfortable and have good stuff to read and watch/listen to. they had sky news on and better magazines.

that completes my analysis of 2 of the 10 hairdressing salons in my bumblefuck town.  biggrin.gif

#8 Madeline

Madeline

Hot patootie bless my soul! I really love that Rock and Roll

• Members
  • 8,777 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:05 PM

i REALLY need to get my hair cut...
ive had the samet hing for ages, and id like something different, but i want to keep the length, and easy to style... i just dont know what to doooooo sad.gif my hair desperately needs a cut, asap... but i dont know what to doooo!

i did get my hair done once, which i loved, but cost me $180 to get done :s

#9 brixton bruxelles

brixton bruxelles

Barry Shitpeas

• Members
  • 17,600 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE(Madeline @ Aug 5 2007, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i did get my hair done once, which i loved, but cost me $180 to get done :s

what did they do to it that time?

#10 Madeline

Madeline

• Members
  • 8,777 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:15 PM

it sounds gross trying to explain it, but i got a few bright red foils on the underside of my hair, and then it was blue/black all over, except those bits.... and a fringe, and it was really awesome, but so not practical... the red faded REALLY fast, like after 2 washes, and i could never be bothered to style it... this was when i was at uni 9-5 and working the rest of the weekend, so eh! ahahha

but i just want something hot, but practical this time... and that isnt working out so well.  a standard haircut here islike $60ish :s

#11 brixton bruxelles

brixton bruxelles

Barry Shitpeas

• Members
  • 17,600 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:20 PM

QUOTE(Madeline @ Aug 5 2007, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it sounds gross trying to explain it, but i got a few bright red foils on the underside of my hair, and then it was blue/black all over, except those bits.... and a fringe, and it was really awesome, but so not practical... the red faded REALLY fast, like after 2 washes, and i could never be bothered to style it... this was when i was at uni 9-5 and working the rest of the weekend, so eh! ahahha

but i just want something hot, but practical this time... and that isnt working out so well.  a standard haircut here islike $60ish :s

any piccies of it?

#12 Madeline

Madeline

• Members
  • 8,777 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:29 PM

far out ive changed... im thinking of trying a fringe again... i like the fringe idea, but then i have a pretty round face, but i like the fringe....

#13 Disco.Dinosaur

Disco.Dinosaur

we handle the scandal.

• Members
  • 4,625 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:29 PM

that hairdo looks really good on you!
red hair is a pain in the ass, i've been dying mine in a reddish purple tone for almost two years now and it fades so fast.
if it comes to something complicated like going black or bleaching it you should always let a hair dresser do it... i often see people who dye their hair black themselves and it pretty much looks like it

#14 Madeline

Madeline

• Members
  • 8,777 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:32 PM

that was about 2 years ago now though... i have a bit of a rounder face i think... :s

id love to do something like that again, but hte maintenance is ALOT, and plus, poor studentz now, cannot afford expensive hair cuts sad.gif sad panda...

#15 lorelei

lorelei

I'm so slick baby it's a sin

• Members
  • 9,169 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:41 PM

I hate going to the hairdresser's. I dye my own hair because everytime I tried to have it done professionnally, I hated the orange hues they couldn't help putting on my red when i asked for a burgundy and it was ragingly expensive. But since I gave in to the black hair, i'll probably have to do the same thing as you when I'm fed up with it... Gaaah.
And they can't seem to get my fringe right. I always have to cut it the way I want it when the ridiculous short fringe they made grows back. Meh.
All the same free lunch + good magazines + free beer + comfort + telly = good.

#16 Disco.Dinosaur

Disco.Dinosaur

we handle the scandal.

• Members
  • 4,625 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 12:49 PM

i know what you're talking about having nice hair costs a fortune...but i still think that the fringe would be cute, especially with a rounder face...i think bangs make it look smaller*my own experience*

#17 lou Blue

lou Blue

super geek

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:06 PM

I got a really nice cut as well when i dyed it back to brown was very happy needs re done now, love having my hair black just felt i looked too ill all the time,also my white bathroom suffered and is covered in dye, (if the boys had made that much mess i would have killed them  rolleyes.gif), lorelei love your hair hun and mad you looks great like that.  The nice bright, free lunch and drinks salon would def do it for me brix, i got the whole thing lightened then dyed brown, second visit i had really light bits put thro with foils and dyed a nice choc brown, i just go with what my stylist wants to do i dont care really i will try anything.

#18 Smiriam

Smiriam

Rated R

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:30 PM

I hardly ever get shit done to my hair. Its expensive, i just cut it myself most of the time.
HOWEVER.
I think I will need to start dying my hair soon, because, at 20 years old, I am going grey.
fantastic, right?

#19 lou Blue

lou Blue

super geek

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:47 PM

QUOTE(Smiriam @ Aug 5 2007, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hardly ever get shit done to my hair. Its expensive, i just cut it myself most of the time.
HOWEVER.
I think I will need to start dying my hair soon, because, at 20 years old, I am going grey.
fantastic, right?

I has a lot of grey hence the dyeage thats what you get for being my age with a crappy part time job and two smallies tongue.gif

#20 brixton bruxelles

brixton bruxelles

Barry Shitpeas

• Members
  • 17,600 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE(lou blue @ Aug 5 2007, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i got the whole thing lightened then dyed brown, second visit i had really light bits put thro with foils and dyed a nice choc brown, i just go with what my stylist wants to do i dont care really i will try anything.

what's your natural colour?
mine's a mid-dark brown and it shows quite badly on my dyed black hair when the roots come through. that's why i'm getting it back to brown again. i'm having done what you had done on your second visit. nice choccy brown.

maddy - that looks so sassy. i love the gloss on your hair. i want glossy hair!

i've also found a few whities in my hair  mad.gif

#21 lou Blue

lou Blue

super geek

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE(brixton bruxelles @ Aug 5 2007, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what's your natural colour?
mine's a mid-dark brown and it shows quite badly on my dyed black hair when the roots come through. that's why i'm getting it back to brown again. i'm having done what you had done on your second visit. nice choccy brown.

maddy - that looks so sassy. i love the gloss on your hair. i want glossy hair!

i've also found a few whities in my hair  mad.gif

Same as you brixy baby mid to dark brown with the grey mixed in he he rolleyes.gif

#22 brixton bruxelles

brixton bruxelles

Barry Shitpeas

• Members
  • 17,600 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 07:12 PM

QUOTE(lou blue @ Aug 5 2007, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Same as you brixy baby mid to dark brown with the grey mixed in he he rolleyes.gif

blue eyes too?

i got the celtic colouring from my dad, me wink.gif

#23 Madeline

Madeline

• Members
  • 8,777 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 11:59 PM

the only thing im worried about with a fringe again is that my hair is alot longer now, its halfway down my back... but im thinking it might work okay... but summer is coming up, and straightening my hair doesnt realy happen all that often! ahahahah

i did like my fringe, and i do have more time to style it these days....

Brix my hair was only taht glossy because that was right after getting my hair dont at the salon! ahahha

i hate winter too, its giving my dandruff and its so ick! but i am using a super-shine shampoo and conditioner, and its probably not best having steaming hot showers rather than nice warm showers! ahahahahha

i might get my hair done this weekend.... hmmm i might take in a few photos of nice fringes, and say, i want to keep the length, i want a change, go crazy.

#24 Smiriam

Smiriam

Rated R

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 01:50 AM

I am a fan of hardcore fringes. I often cut my own, and I cut it really really thick. then when i go to the hairdresser they scold me for it.
I used to have black hair, long and with a fat fringe. I will look for a photo.

and then I let it grow out for ages before getting it all cut off short, which was loads of fun, even if it was all poofy

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y263/miri...nt=P1210017.jpg

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y263/miri...nt=P1210007.jpg

When I leave it naturally its weird and curly/wavy and confused

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y263/miri...nt=IMG_7234.jpg

i think my favourite hairdo was my hobbit-cut

i think thats all my hairdos i ever had.
and i think i might get the hobbit done again when summer comes around.

#25 Madeline

Madeline

• Members
  • 8,777 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 02:30 AM

ohhh hot hair!

im thinking i might do afringe, like the one i had in that pic earlier. its not too much effort to control, and i think wiht summer i can let the rest of my hair do its curly thing.... ahhahah

ehhhhh! might et my haircut this weekend biggrin.gif maybe after work in sunday...

#26 lou Blue

lou Blue

super geek

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE(brixton bruxelles @ Aug 5 2007, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
blue eyes too?

i got the celtic colouring from my dad, me wink.gif

Yes indeed big baby blues. Brown hair like my daddy blue eyes from my mum, choc colour out the bottle  biggrin.gif
I used to do the whole betty page big bangs and stuff loved it when i had my black hair, you guys all look tres pretty mad post pics if you get it done!!!

#27 Madeline

Madeline

• Members
  • 8,777 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:39 AM

Smiriam -> love the top pic of your hair.

purrrrty

im going to do a home-dye job just a dark brown colour, then get a cut on sunday after work. will be nice to sit down for a bit and feel refreshed after work!!!

#28 brixton bruxelles

brixton bruxelles

Barry Shitpeas

• Members
  • 17,600 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE(Smiriam @ Aug 6 2007, 02:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am a fan of hardcore fringes. I often cut my own, and I cut it really really thick. then when i go to the hairdresser they scold me for it.
I used to have black hair, long and with a fat fringe. I will look for a photo.

that's gorgeous. i can't decide if that looks best or the hobbit hair. the hobbit hair (great description!) suits you so much.

#29 Disco.Dinosaur

Disco.Dinosaur

we handle the scandal.

• Members
  • 4,625 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:11 PM

your hair looks awesome curly, but it's really cute long too...i always cut my fringe myself when i had long hair

i changed my hair pretty often within one year, but now i'm stuck with a short cut

started with long hair and a fringe, went on with a bob, then going experimetal with an asymmetrical cut

and short in the end

that's what it looks like now, but i sometimes think about growing it again

#30 Smiriam

Smiriam

Rated R

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 08:49 AM

Both of those look awesome.
The first pic is very sexy. Like you just finished up about ten minutes ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users