4716 replies to this topic

#4711 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 14,933 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:40 PM

View PostDemon, on 22 March 2017 - 10:23 PM, said:

blacks is the plural form of black. jews is the plural form of jew. germans is the plural form of german. are you familiar with this concept?

queer has been reclaimed in recent times by the queer community and is no longer considered offensive. if it is not my place to use it, since sexuality is fluid i will just turn queer for a sec and acquire licence to use it.

a movie is liberal trash when it panders to Hollywood's leftist checklist. This movie ticks the black and queer boxes. If only the main character was also a jew, it would have won 11 oscars. Every now and again Hollywood will anoint a minority group with critical praise and recognition so they can feel charitable and good about themselves without having to look inward and confront their own oppressive practices towards minorities.

i imagine Moonlight carries vague, insipid, and much recycled messages about race and sexuality that the likes of Glee have communicated just as effectively, only without the pretentiousness and subterfuge. Have you ever seen the great American History X? I imagine Moonlight is a much inferior picture.

your problem is you are triggered by words, whereas if you had read my post without bias you might have realised I was attacking rich white men.

How very convoluted
You seem to be tying yourself up in knots

Glad to hear you are embracing your Queer though

I preferred American History X to Moonlight but this director didn't make the film Moonlight with Oscars or Press in mind I don't think
It's very personal to him, and an adaptation of a play so I think it's sentiment and mood is not intentionally commercial at all, quite the opposite

The Oscars are terrible though I will agree with that

#4712 Demon

Demon

geek

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:44 PM

i don't give a fuck

#4713 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members