50 replies to this topic

#31 hommefile

hommefile

Oppa gangnam style

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:20 PM

Not sure what you're getting at with that Seinfeld episode, but okay

My boyfriend, apart from being deadly gorgeous, is a hardcore atheist who hates religion and possibly religious people; he is also an extremely intelligent scientist who would agree with what I'm saying. too bad he a f*ckboy and therefore not my boyfriend

View PostDemon, on 22 June 2017 - 08:24 PM, said:

I would not particularly save a human over a dog. It really depends on if I knew the dog or the human. I would sooner save my dog than a stranger, if I had to choose obviously.

i think i read something somewhere where they did an experiment on rats to see if they would release another rat from a cage, even if there was no benefit to them and even the disadvantage of having to share food, and they more often than not released. funny when you contrast that with the findings of the Milgram experiment.
cool story bro.never heard of this experiment, but are you trying to dismiss the theory of evolution/survival of the fittest because you heard that a group of rats didn't know what was best for them? evolution is not about choice, it's about natural selection

animals are capable of empathy and other "moral" complexities. my guess is your opinion on the placement of animals beneath us stems from your worship of the anti-animal bestseller The Bible. We are not morally "superior" to animals, and this hubris is very bad. We are capable of more sophisticated thought on the matter, hence there are no puppy philosophers.
I guess you've never watched National Geographic then, where the weak and the different get wiped out, the strongest can kill and do whatever they want, mothers eat their babies, everyone gets eaten alive, etc etc. My guess is you would prefer to stay in the current human world as flawed as it is rather than to live in the barbaric animal world

I'm not saying you are saying romantic love has it's roots in God. I am simply saying that just because things can't be explained by science (at the current time) it doesn't point to the existence of a spiritual realm. the belief in the spiritual is at least an agnostic perspective. If you believe in one, you can't fully discount the other.

I'm also not saying that "love" is the most effective tool to expand the species either. Just saying that it's the tool in hand. You know, imperfection... a reminder that He cut corners.
When I said that "love" is a mystery, you specifically said no, that "love" exists to facilitate procreation, as if there was a perfectly understandable reason behind it. changing your mind now?

Oh and my guess is that we emit tears to signal distress to others.
Yeah no kidding Sherlock? what is not understood is why signaling emotional distress to others with such a physical reaction would be beneficial for the species in the long term
Posted Image

#32 Demon

Demon

the mule want it.....sunday.....

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:26 PM

jesus christ

#33 Demon

Demon

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:28 PM

i'm not even going to attempt a retort

#34 hommefile

hommefile

Oppa gangnam style

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:38 PM

now you're projecting, son. you're the one going off the rails with your rat experiments, the Bible, and Seinfeld. I'm specifically addressing everything you said. but thanks for playing I guess, hate to win though
Posted Image

#35 Demon

Demon

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:39 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=ofpZoqD1_X0

http://www.sciencema...wning-companion

#36 Demon

Demon

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:42 PM

i'm not 'dismissing' evolutionary theory :lol:

there is even an evolutionary explanation for empathy, probably.

a bible nut schooling me on evolution :lol: :lol: :lol:

#37 Demon

Demon

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 06:44 PM

i will not be goaded into a detailed reply of your megapost because it is just so stunningly wrought with misunderstanding

#38 hommefile

hommefile

Oppa gangnam style

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:05 PM

for someone so obsessed with Christianity you sure have a narrow concept of it. but sure, call me "bible nut" and use this emoticon :lol:  all you want, if that gives you comfort and makes you feel better
Posted Image

#39 hommefile

hommefile

Oppa gangnam style

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 07:16 PM

given that some of the greatest scientists have been/are religious, it's interesting that you continuously try to use my religion to put me down. you think that being a non-believer somehow makes you more intelligent than the believer? not even my f*ckboy hardcore atheist bae does that, he knows I'm a threat
Posted Image

#40 Demon

Demon

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:54 PM

yes

#41 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:25 AM

View Posthommefile, on 23 June 2017 - 07:16 PM, said:

given that some of the greatest scientists have been/are religious, it's interesting that you continuously try to use my religion to put me down. you think that being a non-believer somehow makes you more intelligent than the believer? not even my f*ckboy hardcore atheist bae does that, he knows I'm a threat

I really think you should mate with this fuckboi atheist
You can show him the divine in science and he can show you the divine in flesh

#42 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 08:29 AM

And nature loves diversity
Every dog has its day even the weak and different, as the environment shifts it's priorities

Bacteria, pathogens and insects are far more successful and prolific than humans or any mammal

But we still imagine that we are ruling above all

You guys are hilarious btw

#43 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:18 PM

More importantly, what does he look like?
Does he have fabulous hair and penetrating eyes
Is he your boss/professor?

Details

#44 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:32 PM

I can imagine you and Sally presenting a bizzare Eurotrash type show about Love in its many varied forms

#45 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:45 PM

Also I think as believers and non believers or as students of sience or philosophy
You both need to recognise the idea that none of us have the full picture

Our perception is occluded or particular to our situation and can't be relied on fully as and absolute final statement at any time

It's only a part of a whole

#46 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:50 PM

https://m.youtube.co...h?v=NGL5U4HVwX8

#47 Demon

Demon

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:23 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=W1HvkHB0-RQ

#48 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,122 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 03:47 AM

Current mood

#49 hommefile

hommefile

Oppa gangnam style

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted Today, 08:50 PM

View Postfifiroxy, on 28 June 2017 - 08:25 AM, said:

View Posthommefile, on 23 June 2017 - 07:16 PM, said:

I really think you should mate with this fuckboi atheist
You can show him the divine in science and he can show you the divine in flesh

he... hurt my feelings. I can't believe I managed to develop feelings for him. it's over he's gone

View Postfifiroxy, on 28 June 2017 - 04:18 PM, said:

More importantly, what does he look like?
Does he have fabulous hair and penetrating eyes
Is he your boss/professor?

Details

Like 90s Liam Gallagher, short, youthful, gorgeous, athletic without being a gym rat, green eyes with thick black eyebrows and eyelashes. fantastic, fantastic fabulous Liam Gallagher ca 1991 hair that would sometimes fall and cover his eye which he had to flip from time to time. Great laid back style. Yes, penetrating eyes, sometimes he would stare at my face for too long, seems like it was unintentional. He was younger than me, early twenties, college student

View Postfifiroxy, on 29 June 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

You both need to recognise the idea that none of us have the full picture

I wouldn't trust a Christian who would claim otherwise
Posted Image

#50 hommefile

hommefile

Oppa gangnam style

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted Today, 08:59 PM

I met him on tinder, I thought I said that? I just wanted to go on a tinder date no matter what, and I chose this guy. I wasn't expecting him to be my "soulmate". turns out he's just a very clever sneaky chameleon. he dgaf about me, and it's taken me by surprise, I never thought a super intelligent guy could be this way
Posted Image

#51 Demon

Demon

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted Today, 10:42 PM

i'm really getting to the point now where i'd rather just be alone. relationships are an overrated, shallow pursuit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users