• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,223 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:54 AM

Supposedly a reply to Harvey Winestein's begging letter to studio execs to plead on his behalf to the board about to sack him

I heard about what a disgusting pig he is from his wife's family, they all hate him

He raped Asia Argento and Rose McGowan and sexually assaulted dozens of women, I guess him offering an internship to the Obamas daughter must have made all the info on him stack up in one place

He flew too close to the sun

This kind of expose doesn't happen nearly often enough

#2 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,223 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:57 AM

I shudder to think what his relationship with he wife was like
Supposedly she is quite reserved and timid
Ugh

#3 Demon

Demon

i'm the mule!gimme what i want

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:37 PM

i feel like we are now at bandwagon jumping stage.

cara delevigne says he tried to kiss her. how the fuck do most kisses begin? i am sure many men and women have initiated an unwanted kiss. i guess the idea here is repulsive people should not attempt to romance the attractive. did he grab the back of her head and force a kiss? that's the line. if not, her testimony is meaningless.

could you say he raped anyone? seems like the most that can be said at this point is sexual assault. does the implied threat of career roadblocks or implied reward of securing a good role constitute rape? no, and the most you can say from the actress testimonies so far is sexual assault, maybe.

is it all gross, leering, creepy, morally askew? yes. but let's not forget polanski raped a little girl. Meryl Streep doesn't have a bad word to say about him. it seems indignation is only present when it is convenient. i assume johnny depp has been ostracised???

hollywood is built on this kind of shit, casting rooms with one way mirrors and a rolling camera etc, and Weinstein is just one in a long line of many that will continue after him. it's time honoured. It's great when someone who abused their power gets their comeuppance, but i can't ignore the glaring hypocrisy here. there must be countless execs, and others in showbiz, who these same people are keeping quiet about at best and protecting at worst.

oh the academy is going to love terminating his membership, while they turn a blind eye to the rapists, thugs, and pedophiles amongst their ranks.

this kind of stuff is in vogue, it's not a surprise to hear actresses speaking out... it builds their brand. "he tried to kiss me"? give me a break.

#4 Demon

Demon

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:11 PM

of course the idea that a few these women "kept quiet" out of fear isn't true. quite a few of them got settlements with non disclosure agreements. how is that for hypocrisy? thrown some money to keep quiet and therefore ensure that this cycle of abuse continues. now it's all girl power, holding hands. i assume these women will be donating their settlement money to rape victim charities?

#5 Demon

Demon

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 07:29 PM

View Postfifiroxy, on 12 October 2017 - 09:57 AM, said:

Supposedly she is quite reserved and timid
Ugh

she has now left him over the allegations

so all those legal proceedings were behind her back? not bloody likely

#6 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,223 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:03 AM

cara delevigne says he tried to kiss her. how the fuck do most kisses begin

She also said that he expected her to kiss a strange woman she had never met before, in front of him, at what was supposed to be a business meeting, it was not a date
She also said that he blocked her exit from the room and tried to kiss her again

How can you not seperate the fact that these situations were not dates or sexual liaisons, they were business arrangements where actresses were meeting to discuss roles??

Tbh even of they were dates ( which they were not) coercing someone into a private or confined space and jerking off in front of them or forcing them to suck your dick is still totally wrong

Your moral compass is fucked Sal, I have to wonder what kind of culture you are in

#7 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,223 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:09 AM

And in a lot of these examples, he is undressed or in a robe in a hotel room asking and then demanding unwanted physical/ sexual contact

In what is meant to be a "Professional" context

It's got nothing to do with the fact that he is physically disgusting, though his size apparently meant that some women found it harder to fight back

If you don't understand that that is wrong in itself

#8 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,223 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:18 AM

of course the idea that a few these women "kept quiet" out of fear isn't true

It is true, rose McGowan was advised by her lawyer that she would not be able to win a case against him because she had done sex scenes in a movie, which would be used against her reputation as a witness

Considering the way he was sacked, there is some more concrete evidence upcoming that implicates him in a case where a woman is likely to win, which is the reason it's finally having an impact  

All of this will have been decided by the studios legal team, it's a tsunami of collaborative witnesses at this point

#9 Demon

Demon

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:50 AM

yeah don't get me wrong it is gross and creepy, and morally wrong.

but do remember that an allegation is just one version of events.

i'm not sure if any of it enters into the realms of serious illegality. sexual harassment maybe.

it reminds me of the terry richardson allegations, someone who is still revered by the fashion community.

my beef is with the wave of self righteousness and back patting going on. what ever happened to corey haim. the fact is, while the rest of hollywood is condemning weinstein, they are shielding countless other miscreants in their midst. it's disgusting.

leave it to hollywood to compel me to defend a rich jew sex fiend

#10 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,223 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:13 AM

It's about abuse of power, if this was in another industry, he likely would have been prosecuted a long time ago
Having meetings in hotels obviously facilitated his method of cornering women and acting innropriately, and his staff seem to have been fully aware and complicit

he targeted actresses before their careers gave them any leverage or power to fight back, without any financial or industry connections/support they wouldn't be able to win a case against him

Seemingly Brad Pitt was the only person who stood up to him ( before he was famous) and threatened to kick his ass if he did it again

And I'm sorry but forced oral sex and not allowing someone to leave ( kidnap) is considered rape, it's beyond sexual harassment definitely, don't minimise his behaviour, it's not a slap on the ass or a suggestive comment, it's way beyond that

#11 Demon

Demon

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:55 PM

i'm not really sure if the allegations include anything forced, or kidnap. seemed coercion was the prevailing method.

hate to break it to you, but this thing happens every day every where. abuse of power comes as no surprise. and he was 'prosecuted' many times and settled. because the one thing you want when you are 'raped' is not justice, but a big cash payout and seeing your rapist walk away.

i'm not minimising anything, and if it becomes apparent that he did rape anyone then obviously that is abhorrent. what a gross creepy creep.

however you don't seem keen on tackling the hypocrisy at play here. you are so gullible, you believe anything you read.

#12 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,223 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:06 PM

I heard about him being a bully and an asshole from his wife's family, first hand
And there are repeated, corroborating stories from many sources which indicate that the allegations are true

There are previous police investigations with audio evidence, and current police investigations in the UK and US

What is gullible about seeing this for what it is??

And his own statements are also revealing

#13 Demon

Demon

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:26 PM

why are you telling me things that I already know?

#14 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,223 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:37 PM

Pointless obviously

#15 Demon

Demon

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:47 PM

i don't know what your point is

weinstein is obviously a creep and it will all come out in the wash and he's fucked already anyways so

but you're completely ignoring what i'm talking about. i'm talking about the hypocrisy of it all. i don't give a fuck about weinstein but he is just one card in the deck. so hollywood can all throw tomatoes at him but they should be looking inward at themselves, individually and as a community. they have created an environment that lacks any moral consistency.

#16 Demon

Demon

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:53 PM

you should really watch the episode "Homer Badman" of the Simpsons.

#17 hommefile

hommefile

Oppa gangnam style

• Members
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:49 PM

the fact that Hollywood is full of bad guys, doesn't take away the fact that Weinstein is a bad guy

btw all of those actors and directors who say they didn't know anything are lying. Even I knew and I just follow a gossip site

what you're seeing is not a wave of self-righteousness, just a bunch of people trying to save their butts/exclude themselves from the narrative
Posted Image

#18 hommefile

hommefile

Oppa gangnam style

• Members
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 17 October 2017 - 09:51 PM

a few of the actresses who are playing gullible have been strongly rumored over the years to have been given their careers through him. I won't mention any names
Posted Image

#19 Demon

Demon

• Members
  • 325 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 04:38 PM

View Posthommefile, on 17 October 2017 - 09:49 PM, said:

the fact that Hollywood is full of bad guys, doesn't take away the fact that Weinstein is a bad guy

nobody said that

#20 fifiroxy

fifiroxy

burn the witch

• Members
  • 15,223 posts

Posted 18 October 2017 - 10:49 PM

I'm happy that this avalanche of info is making Weinstain uncomfortable
After he made so many feel terribly beyond uncomfortable
And any woman who has felt the "acceptable" face of sexual harassment brushed under the carpet by colleagues or family should feel a ton of relief @ this exposure
It's validating a feeling many have shared

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users