• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 mr bigsby

mr bigsby

regular john

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:05 AM

that old thread had so many pictures and so much info it was like an ancient archive of electric scholars. please tell me you have it some where? it would be impossible to bring back 68 pages of rare photos info and tips from all the usuals and randoms along the way by starting over agin...plus i kinda feel like a little forrest creature who just had his home logged sad.gif im a sad panda!

#2 Lady Alexxx

Lady Alexxx

Bambi Nipple

• Members
  • 6,700 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:11 AM

QUOTE(mr bigsby @ Apr 9 2006, 02:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that old thread had so many pictures and so much info it was like an ancient archive of electric scholars. please tell me you have it some where? it would be impossible to bring back 68 pages of rare photos info and tips from all the usuals and randoms along the way by starting over agin...plus i kinda feel like a little forrest creature who just had his home logged sad.gif im a sad panda!

It's coming back next week..the old board is gonna be available as an archive next week..admin did the best he could to make this board running during this week end but couldn't fix the old board to get it browsable this week-end...time issue it's all

#3 Baby Duck

Baby Duck

The Nightmare Continues...

• Members
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:59 AM

We COULD try to start it over again... sad.gif

#4 1karus

1karus

Happy robot

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 03:59 AM

Srsly guys, Srsly.

The left handed model makes me fap, mainly cause of the color.

#5 le_poisson

le_poisson

burn the witch

• Members
  • 4,784 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE(Baby Duck @ Apr 9 2006, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We COULD try to start it over again... sad.gif

but it won't ever be like the old one..

#6 Baby Duck

Baby Duck

• Members
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE(le_poisson @ Apr 9 2006, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but it won't ever be like the old one..

We can try. We should atleast start another thread like it.

#7 burtnernie

burtnernie

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 04:29 PM

anyone have any fulltone pedals besides the octave one? from what i hear all their pedals are the shit, but like to get a perspective before dishing out 200 bucks...and i ask to see what i look like on the new board, hee-hee!

#8 whiteini

whiteini

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 05:29 PM

has anyone ever tried a SIB echodrive?

finished my strat off. Changed the pickguard to a black one was white before, installed a 3 way switch and a emg 81 in the bridge and a emg 60 in the neck and set it up with zakk wylde 10-60 strings

#9 ~Platypus49~

~Platypus49~

burn the witch

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 07:54 PM

That thread sucked. biggrin.gif

#10 Guitaroooo

Guitaroooo

Spidey Time!!!

• Members
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 07:59 PM

hello felllas!!! We're back... but we've lost our thread...

We have no home!! we've been made homeless!!!  sad.gif

#11 Lady Alexxx

Lady Alexxx

Bambi Nipple

• Members
  • 6,700 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 08:02 PM

Whiners !!!!

Your old thread is here..it's just locked  dry.gif

http://forum.rekordsrekords.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=21934

#12 Guitaroooo

Guitaroooo

Spidey Time!!!

• Members
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 08:07 PM

well dur!!!

I'm not a fan of this colour scheme. Too dark.

#13 pterjackson

pterjackson

i'm the mule!gimme what i want

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 08:26 PM

Here's my baby.  A Vox Standard 24.  Paid 200$ in a pawn shop.  Sound killer.
http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data...ndard_24-1.html
I only have a webcam... sorry for the casual pics hehe.

so... what do you guys think ?  I play through a Boogie rocket 440 hooked on a fender bandmaster cab.

Guitar > fender tuner > Boss OD-1 > Big Muff pi US > Line 6 Big Green delay box

#14 Guitaroooo

Guitaroooo

Spidey Time!!!

• Members
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 08:38 PM

very nice, very GP-esk

#15 pterjackson

pterjackson

i'm the mule!gimme what i want

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE(Guitaroooo @ Apr 9 2006, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
very nice, very GP-esk

Thanks.

yeah, thats why it was a no brainer... i saw it, and bought it.  Got rid of my epi SG since i have this one.

#16 Baby Duck

Baby Duck

• Members
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:27 AM

Nice guitar mate, I quite like that one.

#17 le_poisson

le_poisson

burn the witch

• Members
  • 4,784 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:09 AM

alright then heres my Blade Durango Deluxe just in case nobody saw it on the old board

#18 Baby Duck

Baby Duck

• Members
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:34 AM

I saw it. It looks like a very nice guitar.

#19 Baby Duck

Baby Duck

• Members
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 09:20 AM

What guitar should I buy? Im looking for one to use only in standard and I really just dont know what to get!

#20 Guitaroooo

Guitaroooo

Spidey Time!!!

• Members
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 11:17 AM

Whats your budget homie? I suggest the Fender Tornado GT for E... its a really sweet guitar. I have it in C most of the time, but lately, its in E because my shitty little college band doesnt like playing any lower.... cunts.

Comes in Green and yellow aswell I believe...

Its awsome, Its quite a heavy one, but thats what I like bout it, feels brutal.

22 Medium Jumbo Frets, Body Mahogany, Neck Maple, Fingerboard Rosewood, Pickups 1 Seymour Duncan® SH-1N RP ‘59 Reverse Polarity Humbucking Pickup (Neck), 1 Seymour Duncan® SHPGP-1B Pearly Gates Plus Humbucking Pickup (Bridge) Controls 2 Volume, 2 tone, 3 way toggle, Bridge Adjusto-Matic Bridge with Anchored-Tailpiece... 24 3/4 scale length...

its a beaut. Been serving me hardcore for the past year.

#21 uncletommy

uncletommy

Qotsa Boss

• Members
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 11:27 AM

that Gretsch is delicious

#22 1karus

1karus

Happy robot

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE(uncletommy @ Apr 10 2006, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that Gretsch is delicious

Yes!

As for the GT, it could really benifit from a coil split. Thats the conclusion a friend and I came to after playing on one.

#23 Guitaroooo

Guitaroooo

Spidey Time!!!

• Members
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:42 PM

hes prolly right about that actually.

#24 GOHOINC

GOHOINC

Wake up Grommit, Time for Walkies...

• Members
  • 4,158 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 07:55 PM

The GT's are pretty cool, but my beef with them is the same as my beef with any fender, espcially those with a trem, although the GT doesnt have a trem fenders use "string guides" on there headstocks. These guides help in getting correct pitch per string but also cause binding. More so with trems as I said, but as you bend the string, or the trem if you have one, these guides have a tendency to bind the string a little so it doesnt go back into tune properly. Although it can be very minimal it does happen a whole lot. Im a hug fan of teles, always have been and probably always will be but I always remove the string guides and sand the headstock down a little bit. A trick I learned from reading an interview with eric johnson. Even on his new signature fender strat, the headstock is shaved in thickness a little so the string guides may be removed without affecting intonation and relieving the effects of string binding...

Mostly think of what you are looking for in a guitar... If you want a thick heavy tone (les-paulish), then get something made of mahogany with some humbuckers... If you want a little brighter tone (strat/tele) get soemthing made of ash or alder hums or singles... Keep in mind, rosewood fretboards generally give a darker tone as well as better sustain. Maple fretboards give a brighter tone a little less sustain... Set-necks will usually give more sustain than a bolt on, buta  well made bolt on can give you just as much or more than alot of set-necks... stop tailpiece guitars usally have better sustain and better intonation than ones with trem's as the string doesnt have to give flex and return as much, floyd roses can also be a huge pain in the ass to tune and maintain...  also keep in mind that quality counts, not only In the sound you get from the guitar but also in how you learn... A better guitar usually can make a better player as the instrument lets you hear more of what it is you are doing... I suggest a mexican telecaster or the eastwood GP. both are mid-priced , good quality instruments.. also the late 70's lawsuit era guitars from companies like Burny, Greco, Tokai and 70's/80's Orville ( Epiphone Japan) are great quality reproductions of classic guitar styles and are superb in both quality of work and tone. These be found on ebay all the time and are usually midpriced, some can get a little high though...

#25 1karus

1karus

Happy robot

• Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:37 PM

The latest Fender product I've had my eyes on, is the Cyclone 2, however since it won't ever be made left-handed, screw it.

I've been thinking about getting one of Maton's travel series, the EML.

It looks tits.

#26 hotdog

hotdog

Fruit Boy

• Members
  • 1,588 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 10:47 PM

old thread

#27 mr bigsby

mr bigsby

regular john

• Members
  • 744 posts

Posted 11 April 2006 - 11:23 PM

FULLTONE can be baught just about anywhere online and if you search hard enough or ask icky you will find them starting at $110us onward depending on models- be warned that some models are just expensive yet worth it no matter where their sold- but be SURE to play any pedal before purchase....just cause homme plays two of them doesnt mean thier the shit!!! plus he is famous for changing casings. so in conclusion lets all hunt our own perfect rigs- not pick a god a suck a dick.

[/i]SIB[i] the echodrive (to my knowlege) is not available anymore, rather the "mr echo" is these machines look pretty damn similar if not the same, IF they are the same, they are pretty damn awsome if not then the mr echo i played was very cool and worth the 250-300us

(in response to the old thread) ms500 HC weather you get the 12 or 6 string it is an identical guitar otherwise...both SOLID as a rock with two Hollow Cavities (visible on the top left of the guitars face. these are orange sized kidney shaped crevasses and will do very very little if any at all for reverberation sustain nor accoustics- yet it has different pickups to the standard 500 under those identical casings , and different timber, with a different scale standard (but as ive said before any scale can be ordered on any maton electric)

to whitini- how do like your yamaha tvl? in all HONESTY!!! do you mind putting up a little review on it for me? i have one on order.

also!!!----->i baught a T-rex mudhoney and fullheartedly can admit this is the best boostable fuzz anywhere in the world ( i have tried over 25 pedals in 3 days) and its hand point to point wired in belgium or somewhere like that? FYI it slaughtered half the fulltone range if not all of it and made me question ever owning a fullone (at least until i try the fatboost) which is one of the only ones i didnt apart freom the '69

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users