• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#241 homme4prez

homme4prez

Drunk In Public

• Members
  • 4,096 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 04:05 AM

its pretty good. theyre makin it into a movie if you havent heard. and if i remember right its a little bit dark of a book to be a kids movie
Will there be enough water when my ship comes in?

#242 thebronze13

thebronze13

Rated R

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE(duasoul @ Oct 11 2007, 08:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
South of the Pumphouse by Les Claypool was a pretty enjoyable read. Think of Fear and Loathing... combined with the lyricism and humor of Les' musical work.

i loved that book, it was a great read

currently i'm on 'lisey's story' stephen king

#243 esthern

esthern

cheeky sodding welsh harpie

• Members
  • 3,887 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 07:04 PM

I've got 3 books on the go at the mo!

Before & After by Matthew Thomas, We neeed to talk about Kevin by Lionel Schriver and today, thanks to the recommendation a while ago in this thread, I started Fight Club - I've seen the film loads of times, but if this book is as good as Invisible Monsters (which it is apparently) is gonna be a fabulous read!!

#244 emmas

emmas

Angelforyoudevil

• Members
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 09:32 PM

JAMES PATTERSON - WHEN THE WIND BLOWS.

#245 Guest_duasoul_*

Guest_duasoul_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2007 - 04:25 PM

QUOTE(burnthefunkywitch @ Oct 31 2007, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Before & After by Matthew Thomas, We neeed to talk about Kevin by Lionel Schriver and today, thanks to the recommendation a while ago in this thread, I started Fight Club - I've seen the film loads of times, but if this book is as good as Invisible Monsters (which it is apparently) is gonna be a fabulous read!!

Fight Club is an excellent read. I strongly recommend it.

#246 esthern

esthern

cheeky sodding welsh harpie

• Members
  • 3,887 posts

Posted 01 November 2007 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE(duasoul @ Nov 1 2007, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(burnthefunkywitch @ Oct 31 2007, 03:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fight Club is an excellent read. I strongly recommend it.

thanks, it's looking good so far, I'm planning a long bath and readig session later, followed by snuggling down in my new PJ's and fluffy 'supersoft socks'

biggrin.gif  wink.gif

#247 bellatrixhardy

bellatrixhardy

super geek

• Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE(donnie @ Jun 19 2006, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(milkmen @ Jun 19 2006, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ive been reading Chuck Panaluik's 'Fight Club' and its better than the movie. Full of even more useless facts on how to blow shit up and seek revenge on your boss. Unfortunately I moved recently so I lost the book somewhere between here and there on the brink of another phsycotic episode.

I thought both were equivalently good; some of the setting changes Jim Uhls made were decent, like the first time they meet.

try "lullaby" or "choke"...both equally good...lullaby is definately more fucked up, if that's possible.  They will be making a movie or have made one of Choke with Sam Rockwell as the main character.  Fucking brilliant casting...see how they do the rest.

#248 rainelinden

rainelinden

You can't take the sky from me...

• Members
  • 7,400 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 02:35 AM

Ullyses by James Joyce... I know it's a "short" ( rolleyes.gif ) story but I'm not reading any books per se and it's quite good so I thought it merited a mention.

#249 Steve Nash

Steve Nash

BigBoss

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 11:34 PM

Gretzky to Lemieux .. Great book revisiting the '87 Canada Cup. if your a hockey fan especially Canadian, great read ..

#250 bronzey

bronzey

saboteur, infiltrator & maybe more

• Members
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 04:48 AM

QUOTE(bellatrixhardy @ Nov 2 2007, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(donnie @ Jun 19 2006, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE(milkmen @ Jun 19 2006, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ive been reading Chuck Panaluik's 'Fight Club' and its better than the movie. Full of even more useless facts on how to blow shit up and seek revenge on your boss. Unfortunately I moved recently so I lost the book somewhere between here and there on the brink of another phsycotic episode.

I thought both were equivalently good; some of the setting changes Jim Uhls made were decent, like the first time they meet.

try "lullaby" or "choke"...both equally good...lullaby is definately more fucked up, if that's possible.  They will be making a movie or have made one of Choke with Sam Rockwell as the main character.  Fucking brilliant casting...see how they do the rest.

"lullaby" was my fave. i've read most of palahniuk's stuff but stopped after attempting "diary". just couldn't get into it.

i'm reading all the harry potter books now. i'm on number 4. really charming, fun and an easy read. wish i'd had these when i was 10!

#251 audiosnag

audiosnag

Jeremism...I'm a Jeremist

• Members
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 05:38 AM

Working my way through the Dark Tower series by Steven King..pretty cool
Fight Club was amazing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users