302 replies to this topic

#1 604qotsa

604qotsa

knows how to give the mule what he wants

• Members
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 07:54 AM

Edited by RegularDishwasher:
Sorry 604QOTSA this is all 100% Legit!!!

Hello all,

A couple weeks ago I was contacted by someone very close to QOTSA. I cannot give his or her name or position, but I received sufficient proof to believe this person is very much legit. I was told QOTSA wanted their fans on the net to be rewarded for their support and I would hear from this person again soon. Today, this insider emailed me again. He or she wanted me to use my website ( http://www.thefade.net ) to collect entries for a contest of sorts, run either by the band themselves or someone very close to them. I do not have further details yet, so you're going to  have to trust me...

Here is the deal: this contest is totally free to enter. The "winners" will be randomly chosen and will be mailed a special package containing further instructions. These packages will all arrive on the same day and will be sent via courier so you can track them online. To enter, you need to visit http://www.thefade.net and accurately fill out the form on the home page. I will be one of the lucky ones getting this special package, but I was not told what will be in it. Maybe its a single off the new album, maybe its a rusty nail, I honestly don't know. I also don't know how many people will be chosen to receive this gift from QOTSA.

As I said, I trust this source and hope you will all trust me. This is open until next Wednesday, April 11th at Midnight. At that time I will email a database of names and contact info to the insider. Once I have emailed this person the data collected from my site, I will delete it from my computer. As I said, I don't know the details yet and probably wont know what's in this special package until I get one myself. You have nothing to lose and maybe something amazing to gain.

Good luck!

http://www.thefade.net < go there and fill out the form to enter!

#2 TheAceRock.

TheAceRock.

stupendous

• Members
  • 15,861 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:03 AM

alright, i'll bite.

i'd be overcome with joy if i actually got one of those packages....but i never seem to win these things.

#3 ~wendy

~wendy

hallelujah, holy shit...where's the tylenol

• Members
  • 768 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:09 AM

Seems weird that QOTSA wouldn't just do something on their own site....
Anywho, I'm all entered and hoping I get lucky!

#4 just_another_regular_john

just_another_regular_john

Better call the landlord, there's cracks in the ceiling...

• Members
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:19 AM

QUOTE(when d @ Apr 7 2007, 09:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seems weird that QOTSA wouldn't just do something on their own site....
Anywho, I'm all entered and hoping I get lucky!

#5 Don and the Goodtimes

Don and the Goodtimes

Board-god!

• Members
  • 6,958 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:21 AM

yay for rusty nails!!!

*participates*

You be doomed if this ends up in spam mails

#6 Zombi3

Zombi3

burn the witch

• Members
  • 4,190 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:23 AM

Sorry man, but I need proof before I just go entering my address into some random form in the internet.

If you can find a way to prove to me that this is, in fact, 100% legit, then I will participate. I hope others will share my skepticism.

Posted Image

#7 Legion_OOTSA

Legion_OOTSA

the mule want it.....sunday.....

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:24 AM

@604qotsa

Thanks for the information.

#8 mike8536

mike8536

Rated R

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:41 AM

can you at least post the email received by you?

#9 604qotsa

604qotsa

• Members
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE(Zombi3 @ Apr 7 2007, 01:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry man, but I need proof before I just go entering my address into some random form in the internet.

If you can find a way to prove to me that this is, in fact, 100% legit, then I will participate. I hope others will share my skepticism.

I totally understand.

I don't really have a way of proving the legitimacy to you, I wish I could, but unless I were to give up my source (which is strictly forbidden at this point) I don't think there's much I can get to prove this to you.

You have my word I will not use any of this info for any malicious means. I will pass it on to the insider and delete it right away. I understand some of you will decide against entering...and I do understand that. I will keep your info secure - as I said, I have verified my source is legit - I don't know exactly what will be in the packages, but I'm going to take the chance its something great.

#10 604qotsa

604qotsa

• Members
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE(mike8536 @ Apr 7 2007, 01:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
can you at least post the email received by you?

I can ask the insider if he or she would permit that. But if I did post anything I'd have to make sure the source would be kept anonymous...and as such posting anything wouldn't prove much.

Believe me, I'm trying to prove this as much as possible. I know I'm putting myself on the line by doing this...and I wouldn't have posted here if I wasn't sure my source is legit.

#11 Zombi3

Zombi3

burn the witch

• Members
  • 4,190 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE(604qotsa @ Apr 7 2007, 04:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I totally understand.

I don't really have a way of proving the legitimacy to you, I wish I could, but unless I were to give up my source (which is strictly forbidden at this point) I don't think there's much I can get to prove this to you.

You have my word I will not use any of this info for any malicious means. I will pass it on to the insider and delete it right away. I understand some of you will decide against entering...and I do understand that. I will keep your info secure - as I said, I have verified my source is legit - I don't know exactly what will be in the packages, but I'm going to take the chance its something great.

I'd like to take the chance that it's something great as well, but being a logic man I just can't. I need solid evidence that QOTSA is truely in some way behind the works of this in order for my switch to say 'it's ok to submit this information' to be turned to the on position.

I don't want you to put yourself in bad standing with the insider, whoever it may (could?) be. If you can't prove it without giving them away, and they don't want that, then don't try. But it'd be nice to have more than just pure blind faith that what is going on at the surface is what's really going on.

Posted Image

#12 604qotsa

604qotsa

• Members
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE(Zombi3 @ Apr 7 2007, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd like to take the chance that it's something great as well, but being a logic man I just can't. I need solid evidence that QOTSA is truely in some way behind the works of this in order for my switch to say 'it's ok to submit this information' to be turned to the on position.

I don't want you to put yourself in bad standing with the insider, whoever it may (could?) be. If you can't prove it without giving them away, and they don't want that, then don't try. But it'd be nice to have more than just pure blind faith that what is going on at the surface is what's really going on.

Fair enough.

I will email the insider and see what they say I can post.

Stay tuned.

25 entries in the first hour...wow...

#13 handen

handen

Simple Exploding Man

• Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:08 AM

Here's my address 123 fake street faketown fakeachusetts 54312 just addme from there thanks for your cooperation

#14 Hottentott

Hottentott

Green no more

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 10:54 AM

Enter your neoughbours adress and see if they get stalked and killed before you dare to enter your own!  wink.gif

#15 Hottentott

Hottentott

Green no more

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 10:56 AM

Honestly I don't think that the fade.net fella' is up to anything but he could have been tricked aswell, that's my reason for NOT entering.

Feels like some marketing dude over at Interscope is a little bit new to tah business or something like that, if you ask me  rolleyes.gif

#16 le_poisson

le_poisson

burn the witch

• Members
  • 4,784 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 11:37 AM

alright i'm in.

do i get a conformation mail?

#17 shinkibo

shinkibo

Qotsa Boss

• Members
  • 1,237 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 11:47 AM

question : do this unknown person tried to contact the owner of a few weeks old website or the owner of the very old site known as thefade ?

do you really think that someone closed to the band would have contact you if you site was called anotherqotsasite.net?

#18 SoapForTheDead

SoapForTheDead

I've seen bad things in bad places

• Members
  • 3,971 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 12:39 PM

haha, no fucking way that im giving my personal info away to a guy that nobody knows...... laugh.gif

#19 mike8536

mike8536

Rated R

• Members
  • 634 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:23 PM

I've entered, but now i'm all worried. lol.

#20 maaark

maaark

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 02:24 PM

Let's kill him if it's a scam.

Oh wait... he has our adress and we've got nothing. *glp*

#21 blackbird

blackbird

slow jams

• Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 02:47 PM

Name, address, and telephone number aren't much of a big deal. You can get that stuff out of most major metropolitan phone books smile.gif

I'm in.

#22 Veilsider

Veilsider

robot rock

• Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE(shinkibo @ Apr 7 2007, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
question : do this unknown person tried to contact the owner of a few weeks old website or the owner of the very old site known as thefade ?

do you really think that someone closed to the band would have contact you if you site was called anotherqotsasite.net?

I was just thinking that.

#23 strangehold

strangehold

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 02:56 PM

That person "close" to the band should come out and reveal themselves and at least give us some idea what we're going to get. No offense, but this is *very* suspect. Enough people worry about giving out their personal information out on the Internet and we really have little reason to trust you as is, other than you're a webmaster for a site you bought an expired domain for. Doing some reporting on identity theft in the past, it wouldn't take much for me to convince you I'm anyone from the band's guitar tech to anyone I can think of.

Again, no offense, but you're going to have to give us some more info before people voluntarily provide their personal info out.

#24 cheetah

cheetah

super geek

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 03:00 PM

apparently, he already has enough submitted personal info. lets just wait and see what happens.

#25 hurbetzi

hurbetzi

robot rock

• Members
  • 841 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 03:06 PM

i donīt care as long as no one wants my bank account info or credit card number, etc...

name/adress/tel#/email arenīt a big deal i suppose.

#26 Cool Hand

Cool Hand

burn the witch

• Members
  • 19,337 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 03:25 PM

Don't care.

#27 Paully

Paully

robot rock

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE(shinkibo @ Apr 7 2007, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So What... He owns the place now. Stop bitchin' about it

#28 Tenacious Z

Tenacious Z

Best Bang since the Big One

• Members
  • 15,066 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 04:13 PM

I have a hard time believing he's trying to scam us; he bought thefade.net a few months ago, and didn't just sign up here. So unless this is a huge conspiracy, it sounds pretty reasonable.

#29 RegularDishwasher

RegularDishwasher

Brainwashed Baby

• Members
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 05:00 PM

Hmm weird story I'm gonna check it out with management

#30 604qotsa

604qotsa

• Members
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 05:11 PM

Thanks for the support everyone.

As a couple people pointed out, phone, address and email isn't really sensitive information. What I am going to do with thousands of QOTSA fan's contact info, start spam mailing you guys?  rolleyes.gif (QOTSA spam would be the best kind anyways  wink.gif)

I'm just as interested what exactly this package will be...and what it will develop into. I am confident my contact does have a very close connection to the band. Besides, after hearing what NIN did to market their new album, maybe this package will contain a new song or something? I have no idea...just speculating. I'm getting the package too, so if its filled with poisonous gas or something I'll try and post here before anyone else opens it  laugh.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users