bump

#63 cloud999LC

cloud999LC

Rated R

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

QUOTE(moo @ Mar 6 2009, 05:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'll never be able to understand why bands like Nirvana received so much more noteriety and acclaim than AIC.  No other band from that era could touch the quality of releases which Alice provided.

There were just too many things to love about this band.  Mike's basslines and Sean's drumming(here) which carried a mood perfectly thoughout an entire song, the masterful guitar works of Jerry Cantrell, the overwhelmingly intense & emotional vocals/lyrics of Layne Staley and the beautiful harmonies between the two of them.  

I remember reading a while ago that the band themselves said they wouldn't feel right staying with the AIC name with a new singer, yet they went ahead and picked up this brokeback loser and continued on.  I don't know, I really should him a chance first..  It's just going to feel weird seeing them live with the new guy attempting to take over for Layne's monstrous vocals.

Check this out --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcMEI4WySfg...ated&fmt=18

My two favorite vocalists sharing the same stage makes me jizz in my pants.

Truth be told Nirvana got me hooked on guitar, Alice tho, that band is legendary in my taste. Layne>Kurt, and I love Kurt.

#64 mooskies

mooskies

I'M GONNA PROBE YA

• Members
  • 4,325 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:22 PM

my heart is erect

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users