• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Kickstand27

Kickstand27

DIG

• Members
  • 27,477 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:42 PM

So in April this lady slams into the back of my new car and it has to be sent to the shop for repairs.  While in the shop i am authorized by the offending party's insurance company to get a rental car.  the car work is done, i return the rental car...........  fast forward to the beginning of this month.  

It appears that there was a supplement that needed to be made at the autobody shop i went to..  only problem is that the apreaiser is on vacation and approves the work to be done, but doesnt notify the insurance company.   Long story short, i am mailed saying that i owe a remaining balance on the rental car because the repairs took longer than estimated.  
    After a weeks worth of calling the autobody shop and the insurance company, the insurance company agrees that they will pay the reaining balance.   So yesterday i get a call from The rental car place, looking for their money..  

Anyone ever have to deal wit hthis kind of shit?

#2 trucks

trucks

Keep Music Evil

• Members
  • 6,587 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:45 PM

nope, i drive a bumper car

#3 Kickstand27

Kickstand27

DIG

• Members
  • 27,477 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:48 PM

i take it bupmer car insurance is much eaiser to deal with then  

mellow.gif

#4 Tatonka Blanco

Tatonka Blanco

leprechaun

• Members
  • 13,570 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 09:55 PM

one day me and my buddy metalhead larry had to push the bus

#5 a$$kicker

a$$kicker

itchy-gitchy oooh la lah

• Members
  • 15,485 posts
  • Interests:big foot, yeti, sasquatch

Posted 23 August 2008 - 07:14 AM

QUOTE(Kickstand27 @ Aug 22 2008, 02:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So in April this lady slams into the back of my new car and it has to be sent to the shop for repairs.  While in the shop i am authorized by the offending party's insurance company to get a rental car.  the car work is done, i return the rental car...........  fast forward to the beginning of this month.  

It appears that there was a supplement that needed to be made at the autobody shop i went to..  only problem is that the apreaiser is on vacation and approves the work to be done, but doesnt notify the insurance company.   Long story short, i am mailed saying that i owe a remaining balance on the rental car because the repairs took longer than estimated.  
    After a weeks worth of calling the autobody shop and the insurance company, the insurance company agrees that they will pay the reaining balance.   So yesterday i get a call from The rental car place, looking for their money..  

Anyone ever have to deal wit hthis kind of shit?

man, that is seriously bunk, KS - sorry you have to deal with it. sad.gif

#6 Fuckedindahead

Fuckedindahead

Half Centurion

• Members
  • 14,980 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 09:27 AM

A couple of years ago, I clipped a Mazda 3 on the way to work, my left footpeg hooked the front right skirt of the car and popped it off as I was cutting traffic. Long story sort, the driver deliberately turned into my path, I get that sometimes (jealous fucking cage drivers!) and I clipped the car.
So a few months later, I get a letter claiming $3000.00 from said cage driver's insurance co. So I rang the fuckers. Denied all knowledge of the collision, they advised me they had a witness statement with my rego quoted in it. I asked if the same statement also included reference to the idiot in the car turning hard in front of me at 10 mph in rush hour traffic. Seems it did, and after a parting zinger and a courteous goodbye, I never paid nor heard from the insurance co again.
Insurance co's do not post profits by paying out.
Give a fuck, the world needs more love.

#7 ~wendy

~wendy

hallelujah, holy shit...where's the tylenol

• Members
  • 768 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 10:36 AM

Not with car insurance, but having issues with allstate right now with home owners insurance.  we had a hail storm in May (tennis ball size!) that pretty much punched over a hundred holes in the siding of the north side of my house and totally fucked the roof.  allstate will cover the roof completely, well kinda...they are only allowing the contractor about $300 dollars profit AND lowballed on materials AND didn't allow any money for a dumpster for the old shingles.  Basically, our contractor says allstate pretty much wants the contractor to do the job for nothing.  with the siding...since only one side of the house was destroyed, they  will only pay to replace siding on that side.  the other misc holes on the other sides they figure they will steal any good peices of siding from the north side and piece it in.  I can't even find any good lengths of siding on that side they could use, and because of sun fading it will look like shit to piece in sections from the north side into the south side.  our contractor sent in a peice of our current siding to a place that matches and sources siding, and there is no match, its obsolete and with sun fading would never match anyway.  called the bastards and they said "legally, we only have to replace the damaged side".  if I lived 5 miles to the west in MN, they would "legally" have to replace ALL of the siding because of possible "eyesore" laws.  our contractor also told us that a company like state farm is paying around 4x as much as allstate is per square of siding.  the adjuster also conveniently didn't notice we had broken light fixtures and wrecked screens until we said "uhum, notice the rest of the damage?"
bottom line is we are now having to spend $4000 out of pocket to finish the job that allstate wouldn't.  fuck you very much allstate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users